Regional Vice President
- Tampa, FL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Regional Vice President in Tampa, Florida.
What you'll do:
The Regional Vice President oversees the success of a diverse portfolio of properties and ensures that the region achieves its financial goals and exceeds customer expectations.
Your job will include:
- Collaborate with senior management to establish short- and long-term business plans for the communities in your region.
- Organize, supervise and control the planning process for communities and ensure that communities operate at or above targeted performance levels.
- Manage the budgeting process and ongoing budget compliance within the region; consult with senior management with respect to planning and monitoring of variances.
- Maintain a current understanding of the physical condition and market position of every property within the region, as well as the state of resident relations and employee performance.
- Visit properties on a regular basis to instruct and assist senior regional managers and regional managers; monitor and assess physical assets and the quality of customer service; determine the effectiveness of managers.
- Review monthly financial statements for each community, consult with managers regarding variances and submit written reports on each property to senior management when necessary.
- Supervise the implementation of planned community expansion and improvement programs.
- Assist with the evaluation of prospective acquisitions within the region and in the preparation of short- and long-range business plans; prepare preliminary income statements and initial budgets.
- Represent the company's interests to local and state governments and trade associations that could influence business affairs within the region.
- Hire, coach, mentor and evaluate regional and community managers.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a senior property management role.
- Ability to evaluate properties and the necessity for capital expenditures.
- Experience managing a large real estate portfolio.
- Experience assessing, coaching and managing staff.
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills, including coaching and facilitation.
- Strong financial acumen, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Capable of learning and using a variety of computer systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top