Regional Vice President
- Phoenix, AZ
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Regional Vice President in Phoenix, Arizona.
Your job will include:
The Vice President is responsible for providing the leadership and management necessary to achieve the financial goals for the region while exceeding customer expectations. The goal is to formulate a consensus among employees so that they enthusiastically pursue and achieve clearly established goals.
What you'll do:
- Consult with the Senior Vice President and Asset Management to establish short and long-range business plans for communities within the region
- Organize, supervise and control the planning process for communities within the region and ensure that the communities are operating at or above planned levels of performance
- Supervise and control the budgeting process and ongoing budget compliance within the region; gain consensus from the Senior Vice President and asset management for planned operating variances and monitor these variances
- Maintain a current understanding of the physical condition and market position of every community in the region as well as the state of resident relations and employee performance
- Regularly visit communities to instruct and assist Senior Regional Managers and/or Regional Managers; monitor and assess physical assets, the quality of customer service, and management effectiveness of the Senior Regional, Regional and Community Managers
- Hire, coach, mentor and evaluate Regional and Community Managers
- Review monthly financial statements for each community, consult with Senior Regional, Regional and/or Community Managers concerning variances and submit written reports when warranted on each property to the Senior Vice President
- Supervise and control the implementation of the community expansion and improvement programs as planned
- Assist with the due diligence evaluation of prospective acquisitions within the region and in the preparation of short range and long range business plans as well as perform income statements and initial budgets
- Represent the company's interests to local and state governments and in trade associations that may influence the company's business affairs within the region.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years experience as a senior leader in Property Management
- Experience managing a large real estate portfolio
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to evaluate properties and the necessity for capital expenditures (CapEx)
- Proven experience in assessing, coaching and managing a staff
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to anticipate possible issues
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
- Excellent written and communication skills
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top