With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Recreation Lead in New Holland, Pennsylvania.
What you'll do:
Spring Gulch RV Resort is not just a campground-it's a full-amenity outdoor lifestyle RV experience nestled on 115 acres in the Amish Farmlands and Welsh Mountains of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. The Recreation Lead comes with a positive attitude every day and shares it with our guests and our staff. You will enjoy getting creative and planning and implementing all resort activities and events for all ages.
Your job will include:
- 40 or more hour work week, dependent upon season.
- Lead with a "hands-on" approach.
- Must be available to work every weekend April to October.
- Plan and schedule events for all groups within the campground resort.
- Coordinate and manage all preparations for events: solicit and schedule volunteers when opportunities arise, assist with booking entertainers, collect ticket sale money, and other duties as required.
- Proper organization is essential to ensure safety of all guests.
- Responsible for for set up, cleanup, and participation in activities including set up and tear down of tables and chairs for indoor events as well as equipment and supply maintenance for indoor and outdoor events.
- Maintains activity storage area in a neat, clean manner.
- Coordinate events with local non-profit organizations such as Fire Companies, Church Organizations, food banks, etc.
- Assist in development and distribution of weekly activity schedule and encourage guest participation. Use your creativity and out of the box imagination.
- Keep records of events, activities, equipment, and participation of activities.
- Be responsible for budgeting needs for supplies used in events. Order supplies ensuring costs are maintained within guidelines.
- Maintain open communications with resort management, guests and vendors.
- Provides instructions and supplies for other employees to assist with activities.
- Greet new arrivals and promote events, be sensitive and respond to guest's needs and requests.
- Takes pictures of events and activities.
- At all times, represent the resort in a professional manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills & experience you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in events or activities planning and possess good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Position is physical in nature and requires ability to work outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office.
Why ELS and Spring Gulch Resort Campground?
ELS owns and operates many RV parks across the United States and is headquartered in Chicago. ELS values longevity and loyalty in its employees and emphasizes four core values: Enthusiasm, Empathy, Communication, and Ownership and utilizes these values to provide a memorable experience for our guests. Spring Gulch provides a great outdoor camping experience with 400 campsites and 16 rental units including houses and cottages and many different amenitiies including a spring fed fishing pond and swim pond with a sandy beach area. Spring Gulch is committed the guest experience.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top