Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
- Chicago, IL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Payroll and Benefits Coordinator in Chicago, Illinois.
What You'll Do
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator supports all employees along their career path and identifies and solves issues as they arise. You will develop initial responses to employee questions and concerns. This role has a variety of different growth opportunities within our organization.
Your job will include:
- Support the processing of biweekly payroll, ensuring accurate entry of data and timely transmission of payroll data to outsourced payroll provider.
- Oversees the payroll and benefit email inboxes and responds to employee inquiries.
- Process and administer all leave of absence requests including FMLA, short-term disability and voluntary leaves.
- Assists with benefit invoice reconciliation.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our employees by answering employee requests and questions.
- Research HR and related topics for team to use when responding to employee questions.
- Apply knowledge of employee inquiries to develop and suggest content, site navigation and tech improvements.
- Schedule meetings, calls, training sessions in multiple platforms.
- Maintain knowledge of the Company's internal platforms; assist with process development, documentation, and overall workflow improvements.
- Provide administrative support to team members on an as needed basis.
- Assist with special projects as needed to help advance the team and company's operations, processes and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with team members and work well in a fast paced, changing environment.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some office experience is a plus, can include internships.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including a consistent demonstration of patience and a sense of humor.
- High level of comfort working with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to analyze data, create reports and make presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
- Flexibility and the ability to respond quickly to shifting company and team objectives.
- Strong knowledge of current federal, state and local employment laws.
- Dedication to maintaining strict confidentiality with respect to highly sensitive information.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top