With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Part Time Housekeeper / Janitor in Westerly, Rhode Island.
What you'll do:
Our housekeepers /rangers make sure that our resorts are clean and tidy to ensure that our guests have a five-star experience. The position may include walking or patrol of the grounds of the campground answering questions, enforcing rules and ensuring the safety of our guests and their belongings. The ideal employee can handle any stressful situation in a calm manner and react accordingly with regards to local, state and federal law.
Your job will include:
- Housekeepers clean the resort office, clubhouse, public access areas and models as directed, including mopping, dusting, vacuuming and removing trash.
- Housekeepers also clean cabins and rentals to prepare for new guests.
- Keep rentals and common areas clean and maintain them to our standards.
- Keep track of cleaning supply inventory and request refills as needed.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs in common areas, vacant or rental homes to the Resort Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
- As a housekeeper you will also assist the maintenance staff and other staff members as needed.
- Assist with cleaning up resort-sponsored guest activities and functions.
- Assist your Resort Manager in responding to guest inquiries in a timely, professional manner and with patience and concern.
- Solve guest-related problems and address conflicts with a positive attitude.
- Housekeepers may also drive a motorized vehicle to run errands and/or pick up supplies as needed.
- Work closely with management and the management staff to maintain open communications and make sure that the resort team is integrated and coordinated.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Monitor the property with a keen eye for any property issues or potential problems.
- Ensure that the property is properly secured.
- Ensure that guests comply with resort rules, respond to areas of concern and contact law enforcement if necessary.
- Monitor all incoming guests through the campground gate and validate if access is acceptable.
- Perform routine patrols, golf cart and rental inspections.
- Take camping reservations, check people in and out and sell day passes and items at the store.
- Prioritize guest safety and happiness.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & skills you need:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in a housekeeping role.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and products.
- Previous housekeeping experience is a plus.
- Organizational skills and attention to details.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.