Marina General Manager
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Marina General Manager in Jupiter, Florida.
What you'll do:
The Marina General Manager handles all aspects of marina and mall operations within budgetary guidelines in an efficient, cost effective and creative manner. The Marina General Manager needs to work collaboratively with the Home Office and other colleagues throughout the organization. The GM Provides the highest level of customer service in a friendly, helpful manner while accurately responding to the customers' needs. Projects a professional company image through all types of interaction. As this is a fast pace environment, must be able to work under pressure. The General Manager will manage the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve financial results according to the annual operating and capital budgets;
- GM's need to own the business and know it cold, especially the financials and budget;
- Supervise all marina operations to ensure prompt, courteous and safe service to all customers;
- Routinely inspect all areas of the property and the physical plant to ensure an above average appearance and a proper safety environment, including enforcing trash pick-up and other tasks that are consistent with this goal;
- Understand and comply with government regulations pertaining to marina operations and handle all aspects of governmental reporting and compliance including but not limited to weights and measures, OSHA, EPA, and Corp of Engineers;
- Maintain a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and customers;
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise all personnel and/or contract labor either directly or via departmental supervisors, including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate;
- Ensure the safety of customers and employees. Provide for training of employees in the safe use of marina equipment and all functions related to their respective positions, including the training of fire fighting equipment and spill containment;
- Maintain local SOP and Instruction Manual in current order;
- Respond to and resolve customer disputes consistent with company philosophy;
- Approve and oversee all long-term dock leasing and waiting list and retail leasing;
- Approve annual operating budget and monitor actual versus projected budget figures on a monthly basis. Investigate negative deviations and set/monitor objectives to correct;
- Approve all purchases, invoices and check requests;
- Ensure proper controls to safeguard assets including but not limited to equipment and inventory;
- Ensure that all company and customer equipment are secure each evening prior to lock up;
- Ensure and take appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all marina equipment, property, grounds and floating or fixed docks;
- Establish, execute and enforce vessel hauling and launching procedures for dry storage vessels;
- Coordinate with other management personnel to ensure efficient running of all departments;
- Oversee and approve implementation and maintenance of marketing programs for marina;
- Derive new revenue sources;
- Attend weekly Manager Meetings as scheduled;
- Perform such duties as assigned by owners;
- Respond to wind storm or other emergency events that could damage marina assets or guest property;
- Ensures adherence to departmental and/or operations policies, procedures and practices;
- Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
Work performed and composed of a variety of different tasks, calling for use of judgment; and compliance with policies and procedures. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy. Manages a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years previous management experience which included direction of personnel, accounting and related budgeting activities, inventory control, advertising, and customer relations. Marine related experience required.
- General accounting knowledge and basic understanding of financial statements;
- Math computation skills;
- English language skills, written and oral;
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, customers, tenants, vendors, and government personnel;
- Ability to make independent decisions and determine appropriate course of action;
- Must be available for 24-hour telephone contact for emergency response;
- Strong ability to develop partnerships with internal clients/others;
- Good presentation, facilitation and computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability work independently to achieve goals and targets;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve team, department and corporate goals;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers;
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to swim
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top