Manager - Corporate Accounting
- Chicago, IL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Manager - Corporate Accounting in Chicago, Illinois.
What you'll do:
The Corporate Accounting Manager leads daily accounting processes and ensures that account reconciliations and financial reports are timely, accurate and well-documented. This position leads initiatives that drive efficiency and automation within the accounting and finance organization to successfully manage the finance department.
Your job will include:
- Lead the corporate accounting team and maintain responsibility for payroll accounting, accounts payable, joint venture accounting and the monthly consolidation and internal reporting processes.
- Improve processes, timeliness and accuracy associated with monthly closing, reconciliation, reporting, analytics and budget forecasting.
- Support external financial public reporting and annual audits.
- Collaborate with the financial planning team and senior management to prepare and review annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or an equivalent experience of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred.
- Seven or more years of corporate and/or real estate accounting experience, as well as at least two years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and other sources of authoritative guidance.
- Experience with the assessment and implementation of accounting processes and continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communications and technology skills.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top