ELS is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance Supervisor for our property in Golden, CO. The primary responsibilities include the hands-on maintenance of the community, including overall inspection, repair, and general maintenance of model homes and other interior/exterior areas. This position is also responsible for supervising the general maintenance staff by scheduling, delegating, and directing the work.
Job Duties Included:
- Performs all duties normally associated with a supervisory role including but not limited to interviewing, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and termination recommendations if necessary.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual property budget with regard to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- Working within the approved budget, makes decisions with regard to allocation of funds for maintenance department.
- Ensures all maintenance staff are following safe work practices.
- Ensures that maintenance staff is performing to ELS standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains open communication with Resort Manager and other property staff.
- Represents Company in a professional manner at all times.
General Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in a maintenance log either by directing a staff member to do so or by directly performing the task.
- Completes regular resort inspections.
- Receives and distributes to work orders in a timely manner ensuring that all request are completed accurately.
- Responds to concerns of the guests in a respectful and courteous manner, ensuring that all required follow-up or maintenance tasks are completed within Company guidelines.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Assists Resort Manager with special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Ensures that general maintenance staff is maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris.
- Monitors maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Assists with and attends property sponsored activities and functions.
- Assists in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Five to seven years hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e. plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc.) is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred. Hotel or resort type is a plus.
- Must have basic aptitude and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions.
- Experience or knowledge of lawn care, trees, and shrubs, in addition to pool maintenance is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work with heavy equipment daily.
- The ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail is required.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Must be available evening and weekends.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary; health insurance, 401K, LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the absolute best talent for our roles – confirmed self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
We thank all applicants.
Back to top