- Queensbury, NY
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Maintenance Supervisor in Lake George, New York.
What you'll do:
Are you looking for a job that you get to be outside 80% of the time. Do you enjoy driving golf carts, starting campfires, and getting to know your customers? If so this is the job for you!
Lake George Escape Outdoor Resort offers over 450+ accomodation sites (RV, Campground, Cabins). With activities such as a swimming pool, arcade, wagon rides, basketball court, laser tag and so much more. Our team is empowered to create memories by celebrating community and doing the unexpected through our core values of enthusiasm, empathy, communication & ownership.
The Maintenance Supervisor performs maintenance duties requiring technical labor skills, including plumbing, light carpentry and construction, HVAC repairs and adjustments, and appliance repair. You will lead your maintenance team to ensure that the community meets the company's quality maintenance standards.
Your job will include:
- Lead a team of maintenance team employees and ensure that they follow safe work practices.
- Perform all duties associated with supervising the maintenance staff: interview job candidates, train new employees, conduct performance reviews and initiate disciplinary actions and termination recommendations if necessary.
- Perform various preventative maintenance functions and record findings in a maintenance log, either through delegation or directly handling required tasks.
- Review and delegate work orders in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular property inspections.
- Monitor the maintenance and upkeep of all community mechanical equipment, including water heater and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Ensure that your maintenance team performs to company standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual community budget with respect to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- Operate within your team's approved budget and make decisions with respect to the allocation of funds within the maintenance department.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with management and staff.
- Respond to guest concerns with respect and courtesy.
- Attend and participate in training programs as requested.
- Assist with and attend community-sponsored activities and functions.
- Help monitor capital improvement projects.
- Assist management with special maintenance projects.
- Perform on-call emergency services as required.
- Represent the community in a professional manner.
Experience & skills you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of direct technical work experience in applicable areas, including plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Willing to be on call for emergencies that arise after hours.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top