With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Maintenance Manager in Kissimmee, Florida.
What you'll do:
The Maintenance Manager oversees the operations of the community, including overall inspection, repairs and general maintenance of homes and common spaces. This position also supervises the general maintenance staff by scheduling and delegating work and ensures that the community meets the company's quality standards.
Your job will include:
- Perform all duties traditionally associated with a supervisory role.
- Perform various preventive maintenance functions and record findings.
- Complete regular property inspections.
- Monitor maintenance of all community mechanical equipment, including water heaters and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers and weed eaters.
- Receive and distribute work orders and ensure that requests are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform on-call emergency services as required.
- Ensure that staff maintains grounds and common areas and keeps them free of trash and debris.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual property budget as related to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- Operate within the approved budget and make decisions regarding the allocation of department funds.
- Ensure that all maintenance staff follow safe work practices.
- Ensure that staff perform to company standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions.
- Assist with and attend community-sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Assist in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
Experience & skills you'll need:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
5+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience (e.g., plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc.)
- Supervisory experience in a hotel or resort environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions.
- Experience caring for lawns, trees, shrubs and pools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment on a daily basis.
- Strong attention to details.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends for scheduled special events.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top