Maintenance - Level I
- Pleasant Prairie, WI
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Maintenance - Level I in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
What you'll do:
As a Maintenance Worker you perform various duties requiring technical skills and manual labor, including HVAC troubleshooting, minor plumbing repairs, light carpentry/construction, appliance movement, painting and more. You'll work as a team participant along with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by ELS.
Your job will include:
· Work closely with management to maintain a clean, safe and appealing property.
Attend staff meetings to communicate daily vendor appointments and required work.
· Maintain grounds and common areas and keep them free from trash and debris.
· Report maintenance concerns to management and perform repairs when possible.
· Mow, weed, and edge common areas and vacant lot grounds as necessary.
Hand shovel and distribute ice melt around office walks and stairs when appropriate.
Professionally respond to resident concerns, troubleshoot and resolve them timely; tidying up before leaving.
Perform quarterly rental home inspections, advise residents of deficiencies and follow up to ensure resolution.
Assist with delivery and posting of various notifications at homes throughout the community
· You will be required to move heavy objects and you may drive maintenance trucks to various locations on the property.
· Monitor and control maintenance inventory and supplies.
P Perform quarterly water meter readings and supply same to administrator for billing.
Keeping all work areas tidy and free from clutter, recyclables and debris
Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills & experience you need:
· High school diploma or the equivalent experience.
· 1-3 years of direct work experience in applicable areas, including familiarity with plumbing, electrical systems & HVAC systems; carpentry; painting, etc.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment.
· Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
· Willing to be on call for emergencies that arise after hours.
A can-do attitude and desire to collaborate positively with colleagues, vendors and residents every day
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top