- Wesley Chapel, FL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Maintenance - Level I in Zephyrhills, Florida.
TITLE: MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT/ LANDSCAPER
Responsible for the overall upkeep of the property landscape and the exterior image. Works as a team participant along with maintenance staff to ensure the Community meets the quality standards set by the Company, by treating all residents, employees, co-workers and vendors as customers, i.e. saying "Thank you."
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Gathers and properly disposes of litter and debris including but not limited to cigarette butts, papers, cans, leaves, etc. Found on the Community grounds.
- Sweeps and maintains driveways, parking lots, curbs, dumpster areas, and all other public areas as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Resort Manager.
- Maintains Community flowerbeds by pruning, weeding, and watering as needed. Plants flowers, shrubs, and other ground material as requested. Monitors pool and spa chemicals daily and maintains logbooks as required by health department, if applicable.
- Maintains and cleans pool and spa as needed.
- Provides snow removal on walks, drives, streets, etc., if applicable.
- Maintains exterior lighting by changing light bulbs as needed.
- Maintains the ground equipment, which may include repairs and preventive maintenance as needed.
- Moves heavy objects and operates various machinery such as lawnmowers, hedge-trimmers, etc.
- Monitors and reports any insect damage and/or plant disease affecting the landscape to the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager.
- Installs and/or removes external temporary signage and decorations.
- Works closely with management and maintenance staff in developing a team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of ELS, through the use of professional communication including a proper phone and in-person greeting and professional written communication when needed.
- Assist Community Manager with resident inquiries in a timely, professional manner, demonstrating the ability to solve problems and address conflict in a positive manner, i.e. exhibiting patience and concern.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- May be required to drive motorized vehicle on or off property for company business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Basic aptitude and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions. Experience or knowledge of lawn care, trees, and shrubs, in addition to pool maintenance is preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work with heavy equipment daily. The ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail is required. Valid driver's license and good driving record along with auto insurance preferred.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top