Construction Project Manager
- Phoenix, AZ
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Construction Project Manager in Phoenix, Arizona.
What you'll do:
As a Construction Project Manager, you oversee construction budgets and development projects. You will also help to set and execute strategy and objectives for the region. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing multiple projects, working with associated professional service firms and communication with Senior Management. This role focuses on supporting the ELS West markets, which represents more than 25% of our overall real estate portfolio.
Your job will include:
- You will manage new community developments from conception, design and construction projects that range from $2M to $5M+.
- Work with third party professionals (engineers, lawyers architects, construction manages) to design and develop communities and amenity buildings.
- You will work with local municipalities during the preliminary review and final approval of construction projects.
- You will manage restoration and upgrade projects that range from $500K to $5M+.
- Bring your expertise to the budget process with updates and knowledge of specific projects.
- Source vendors and bid project work; collaborate with vendors to deliver on schedule, on budget projects.
- Assess and prioritize capital expenditure issues and opportunities.
- Drive projects that enhance asset value of the portfolio.
- Effectively communicate with Operations and senior management on project status and risk exposure.
- Help prepare financial analysis and presentations of capital investment recommendations.
- Apply industry/market/product knowledge to drive revenue production and business growth.
- Assist in developing strategy and objectives for your business area.
- Confirm all construction best practices are adhered to regarding design, bidding, cost control, project scheduling and turn-over of the project.
- Ensure all environmental and NESHAP protocol is followed where appropriate.
- Apply solid risk management skills to make more complex risk decisions.
- Travel up to 25%.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field is required
- 5+ years' Project/Construction Management experience and the ability to simultaneously drive multiple projects. Civil Engineering is a plus.
- Background in commercial, residential or multi-family real estate is preferred.
- Strong communicator with business case writing and highly effective presentation skills.
- High energy, proven ability to handle high volume of diverse projects, flexible to deal with daily changing priorities and ambiguity.
- Strong Excel skills; familiar with investment metrics including NPV & IRR drive.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as grade percentages; completion and other analytical statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make suggestions for change based on those conclusions.
- You possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in the following is beneficial: Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive utilities program including water, wastewater, and recycled water systems; Concepts, theories, principles, and practices of utilities administration operations; Industry best practices; Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including laws and regulations related to water, wastewater, and reclamation system.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top