Assistant Resort Manager
- Atlantic City, NJ
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Assistant Resort Manager in Ocean View, New Jersey.
What you'll do:
The Assistant Property Manager works alongside the Property Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the property. This position acts as the liaison between guests and residents and the Property Manager to answer questions and resolve maintenance and guest issues with confidence.
Your job will include:
- Greet prospective customers and show them the property, sites or homes, and amenities.
- Motivate, coach, counsel all team members daily
- Execute agreements with new and returning guests/residents and ensure that all parties understand the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Respond to questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Collect overdue payments and discuss other issues that require immediate attention.
- Manage the maintenance and custodial staff of the property and oversee general maintenance, repair of buildings and grounds and housekeeping duties to assure company standards are achieved.
- Schedule, plan and execute functions at the property.
- Order inventory and obtain estimates for new projects.
- Manage calendars and perform general administrative tasks.
- Ensure guests and residents feel comfortable, valued and appreciated.
- Build strength in fellow team members through kindness and positive communication.
- Be available and noticeable throughout the resort during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance to residents and team members as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and train new team members to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the property budget process as required taking ownership of all operating departments.
- Ensure Guest Service Standards and measurement metrics are in place and that results are in line with or better then the goals set with the operating plan
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to company standards, including compliance in all departments.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and positive motivation.
- Inspect rental units regularly with both the Housekeeping team and maintenance.
- Support Human Resources in the administration of safety and risk management initiatives to provide a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and residents.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through daily inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the resort financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing a budget and a team.
- Strong customer service, coordination and administrative skills.
- Basic knowledge of building structures a plus.
- Able to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other web-based applications a huge plus.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and community members.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all staff required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company policy, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the resort.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which may or may not include wearing name tags.
- Comply with company policy and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate company objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Light work - Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must love people and the great outdoors.
What we really want:
We are looking for the right folks to join our team and will train the right motivated individuals for any of our seasonal positions. Especially if you have great customer service skills, love to smile, have fun, and enjoy working with a great team. Not to mention working only miles from the beach and actually have the time to enjoy it this summer. If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
LOTS OF ROOM TO GROW ~ If that's your thing.
Our company is one of the largest property owners in United States and offer have over 400 resorts nation wide. From the Keys in Florida to the big sky of Washington State and everything in between, if your looking for a company to really grow with or just a seasonal fun job to return each year at the Jersey Shore we would love to hear from you.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top