- Chicago, IL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of AP Analyst in Chicago, Illinois.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated, problem-solving Accounts Payable Analyst with excellent communication and critical thinking skills and strong technical competencies. In this role, you will provide administrative and project support across accounts payable applications, processes and automation. As we implement more continuous improvement initiatives within our processes and systems, you will play a key role in transforming our accounts payable operations and standards.
Your job will include:
- Maintain a "clean" vendor master file, monitor and manage the automated vendor set up processes, troubleshoot issues with the automated processing, and address and resolve issues with the system applications team.
- Monitor and manage the EDI vendor load processes, collaborate with suppliers to resolve issues
- Actively participate in testing, identifying, troubleshooting issues, and implementing solutions
- Assist in 1099 processing, including verifying vendor information, amounts, generating the data files and reconciling the data and reporting
- Prepare reports and reconciliations and other month end closing procedures for various payables accounts, such as petty cash, accounts payables liabilities and aging, vendor accounts
- Process, reconcile and upload expense allocations for various invoices processed
- Research uncleared payments and assist with the escheatment processes
- Identify errors or discrepancies with invoice coding or routing, and resolve prior to processing
- Respond promptly and professionally to external vendors and internal customers regarding all aspects of accounts payable administration, including vendor queries, rush payment requests, automation process
- Assist with tracking and addressing key performance metrics
- Creates and manages ad-hoc reporting
- Train users on accounts payable processes and documents processes and procedures
- Provide backup support to Accounts Payable or other accounting functions, as required
Skills and experience you need:
- 3+ years Accounts Payable experience,
- Associate or Bachelor's degree or has some accounting courses (preferred)
- Exceptional analytical skills, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of accounting, controls, tax reporting and compliance, and cash disbursement/banking requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office and Excel skills and proven skills in working with automated accounting systems and other technologies
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top