Vice President, Global Benefits, Compensation and HRIS
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition, and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The VP of Benefits, Compensation and HR Systems directs the strategy, design, and development of global HR programs, processes, policies and practices that drive improved workforce performance for the enterprise. This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire organization (Equinox, Equinox Hotels, Blink, Pure Yoga and Furthermore) domestically and internationally for both the field and corporate. He/she will support the CHRO to drive continuous improvement within the HR function, drawing on external and internal best practices and leading-edge HR thinking on global benefits, compensation, and human resources systems initiatives.
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Director, Compensation
- Director, HR Systems
- Senior Manager, Global Benefits
- Manager, Global Benefits
The VP of Benefits, Compensation and HR Systems directs the strategy, design, and development of global HR programs, processes, policies and practices that drive improved workforce performance for the enterprise. This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire organization (Equinox, Equinox Hotels, Blink, Pure Yoga and Furthermore) domestically and internationally for both the field and corporate. He/she will support the CHRO to drive continuous improvement within the HR function, drawing on external and internal best practices and leading-edge HR thinking on global benefits, compensation and human resources systems initiatives.
- Act as a strategic partner with the leadership team to ensure that all compensation and benefits programs align with the strategic goals of the company and support driving a high-performance culture by rewarding and attracting top talent.
- Direct the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and administration of all compensation and benefits programs to maintain organizational objectives and a competitive position in the marketplace including executive and field compensation, 401K, equity planning and awards and management of life, health, pension and disability programs.
- Manage high-level relationships with outsourced providers, consultants, insurance carriers and other vendors.
- Review, evaluate, redesign and manage the executive compensation programs (base, bonus, and equity) by collaborating with CEO, CHRO and with outside executive compensation consultants to ensure they are performance driven, market competitive, appropriately leveraged, legally compliant, accurately administered and effectively communicated.
- Oversee the development of incentive, bonus, and commission plans for the corporation, ensuring that they are designed to drive employee performance in line with business objectives, are market competitive, legally sound and managed/administered accurately and effectively.
- Lead and develop a team 10+ benefit, compensation, and HRIS professionals.
- Leverage the HRIS platform and provide analytical tools that align with talent development, workforce planning and best in class HR analytics.
- Manage the cost effectiveness of the company's benefit programs and oversees all aspects of open enrollment, which includes the development of collateral, implementation and company-wide communications.
- Direct and manage the analysis of HR data and metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including comparisons to benchmarks, to provide relevant information to HR and organizational leadership in support of business objectives.
- Analyze, design, and implement benefit programs on an enterprise-wide basis, which affect employees across various levels (executive, exempt/non-exempt, union, etc.) and state/country locations.
- Directs day-to-day benefits operations, to include the review of system benefits setups, processes and streamlining of administrative operations.
- Effectively benchmark benefit and compensation practices/offerings, legislation and targeted industries to remain competitive and compliant in all geographies we operate.
- Liaise with finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management
- Effectively communicate trends, legislation changes, and other relevant related data on a timely basis to executive team and when appropriate, recommend course of action to effectively manage impacted/assigned plans
- 15+ years of leadership experience in designing, implementing and providing direction to compensation, benefits and HRIS functions, with some international exposure preferred.
- Experience leading benefits strategy and administration for a multi-unit business with full and part time non-union workforce , ideally in hospitality, retail or QSR for 3+ years is required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters in HR, Finance or MBA highly desirable.
- Experience preparing and presenting required summaries for the board and the compensation committee.
- Proven ability to provide vision and leadership to a team of compensation and benefits professionals.
- Track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership and complex organizational skills.
- Strategic in approach while also being comfortable acting as a tactical content expert.
- Agile and high degree of initiative; effectively handles multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Credible; able to quickly establish trust and credibility across the organization.
- Inspirational and empathetic leader; manages and mentors team to execute goals and objectives.
- Influential; ability to interact with and influence all organizational levels: faculty, staff, and senior leadership.
- Business acumen; demonstrated ability to understand the business and translate that knowledge into the appropriate management of the benefits, compensation and HRIS plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Savvy interpersonal skills to work with staff and professionals in multiple settings
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and critical thinking skills
- Adaptable, willing to be flexible and receptive to change
- Results oriented problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer a competitive executive compensation package including salary, short and long term incentive programs
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top