Training and Development Manager, Group Fitness
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Training and Development Manager, Group Fitness is responsible for organizing, tracking, and helping to implement the group fitness talent and development strategy. This is a great opportunity for an organized and passionate individual to combine writing and communication skills with a solid understanding of the athletic, fitness and dance communities to roll out our innovative approach to developing group fitness talent. The role is highly collaborative with learning and development and group fitness field leaders at Equinox, and will involve ongoing project management including our upcoming talent search contest and other initiatives.
- Develop and maintain individual and group mentor programs, and track participation.
- Actively participate in mentoring
- Create online education for instructors
- Develop new onboarding/orientation strategy to create a culture of learning for new hires
- Provide operational support for regional auditions, open house events, and the Prodigy talent search
- Enter and track payments related to talent and development
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience building talent recruitment, development and mentoring strategies, either within or outside of the fitness industry
- 3+ years of involvement in the fitness industry or other relevant athletics or movement experiences
- Experience in management and cross-company collaboration
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communicator
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top