Tax Manager - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY
Tax Manager - Equinox Fitness Clubs
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are currently looking for a talented individual to join our team as Tax Manager in our Tax Department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and hands on tax accountant with a strong understanding of Federal and Multistate Partnership and Corporate Income Taxation. In this role, the Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for supporting and facilitating partnership tax compliance, accounting, research and planning, while assisting with corporate income tax matters and preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of federal and multistate partnership, corporate and Canadian income taxes.
- Manage tax-related communications to investors (Schedule K-1 delivery, annual tax distributions, etc.).
- Calculate and provide quarterly estimated taxable income to partners.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing/remittance of all tax returns, extension and estimate payments.
- Accounting for sales of partnership interests, allocation of partner income deductions and credits, related basis computations, and deferred tax assets.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax capital rollforwards, basis schedules, etc.
- Liaise with Financial Reporting and Legal Teams to understand and evaluate tax implications of amendments to the partnership operating agreement, changes in ownership, and other equity transactions.
- Calculate tax depreciation to support federal and numerous state and local tax filings for a very capital-intensive business.
- Prepare apportionment detail for state income tax calculations.
- Respond to various government tax agency notices and requests.
- Assist in the preparation of income tax workpapers and quarterly and yearend tax provision calculations and disclosures.
- Remain current on new tax legislation and tax accounting rules. Identify, assess and document the tax implications of any such changes.
- Assist in preparation of budget cash taxes and produce reliable cash tax forecasts.
- Participate and assist with ongoing tax department projects and tasks such as audits, tax credits and incentives, tax transactions, etc.
- 7-10 years partnership and corporate income tax experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Master's degree in taxation or CPA preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft AX, Hyperion, and OneSource.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, expert in Excel with modeling and efficient spreadsheet usage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with corporate management and accounting.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently or leading others in an organized manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Equinox products and services
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top