Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting and Compliance - Equinox Fitness Clubs
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting and Compliance, is an important position within our Finance team. This individual will participate in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process for Equinox and our other brands as well as perform certain tasks in the monthly closing process, assist in the preparation for quarterly investor calls and audit committee meetings, and assist on ad hoc research projects as they arise.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. This individual will be eager to learn, organized and possess excellent communication skills.
This position will report directly to the Director, Financial Reporting and Compliance and work with two Senior Accountants, Financing Reporting and Compliance at the Company's corporate headquarters located at One Park Avenue.
- Perform key functions in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, including assistance in preparation of quarterly and annual reports, appropriate materials for investor calls, audit committee meetings and board of director meetings
- Must be able to understand the intent and provide meaningful information to the users of the financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly share based compensation calculations and maintaining stock option program agreements/records for numerous plans
- Perform key functions in the consolidation process
- Assist in ensuring financial reports are compliant and contain appropriate disclosures
- Research technical accounting guidance and prepare analysis, as directed by supervisors
- Assist the finance team in working with external auditors during the annual audit and quarterly reviews by preparing schedules and providing supporting documentation
- Participate in preparation of management's discussion and analysis including key metrics of the business. Reach out to key partners within the business to ensure accurate and up to date information is included in our reporting
- Opportunity for involvement in acquisition accounting including external valuation and allocation of purchase price and goodwill
- Respond to inquiries from supervisors on a timely basis.
- Prepare ratios and other types of analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed.
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as General Counsel, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Treasury, and Financial Systems
- Will report directly to a CPA, so will have opportunity to gain experience hours if a CPA candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Approximately 0-2 years of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports
- Active CPA preferred (or actively pursuing CPA certification)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, One-Stream, Hyperion and Shareworks, a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Able to handle pressure and short deadlines with a positive attitude
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who can see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.