We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Staff Accountant is an important position within our Finance team. This individual will participate in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process for Equinox and our other brands as well as perform certain tasks in the monthly closing process, assist in the preparation for quarterly investor calls and audit committee meetings, and assist on ad hoc research projects as they arise.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. This individual will be eager to learn, organized and possess excellent communication skills.
This position will report directly to the Manager, Accounting and work with the Senior Accountant at the Company's corporate headquarters located at One Park Avenue.
- Perform key functions in the monthly close process
- Responsible for overhead expenses and related pre-paid allocations, full restaurant P&L for 2 of our west coast clubs, capital lease accounting, Pure Yoga accounting and other ad hoc projects
- Must be able to understand the intent and provide meaningful information to the users of the financial statements.
- Participate in preparation of management's discussion and analysis including key metrics of the business. Reach out to key partners within the business to ensure accurate and up to date information is included in our monthly close
- Respond to inquiries from supervisors on a timely basis.
- Prepare ratios and other types of analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed.
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as club General Managers, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Treasury, and Financial Reporting
- Will report directly to a CPA, so will have opportunity to gain experience hours if a CPA candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Recent Graduate or 1 year of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports
- CPA preferred (or actively pursuing CPA certification)
- Knowledge of MAS500 and Hyperion a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Able to handle pressure and short deadlines with a positive attitude
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who is able to see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top