Software Engineer - Front End
Software Engineer - Front End
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for multiple front end software engineers to join our Consumer Technology division. As a Software Engineer, you'll work on the technology closest to our members, across our web and mobile products. You'll help develop new products and improve existing applications with our front end, product, and design teams; collaborate with our backend team to help design APIs; and contribute to continually improving our team's UI best practices. You will have the opportunity to grow into native mobile development from a web background. This is a full-time permanent position located onsite in our Corporate Office in NYC.
The ideal candidate is passionate about users' experiences, creative problem solving, and continuous learning.
- Work within the Consumer Technology division within our engineering team.
- Create polished, premium user interfaces and experiences.
- Learn new technologies and libraries.
- Work with our global backend team to define, design, and integrate RESTful APIs.
- Work with product managers to define scope, specifications, and estimates.
- Conduct and participate in code reviews.
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment.
- Communicate with partner engineers to establish standards and architectural directions.
- BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience with React.
- Experience with Redux, Fluxible, or other flux implementations.
- Familiarity with responsive design and modern CSS techniques.
- Familiarity with HTTP and experience using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit test frameworks like Mocha, Jest, Enzyme, etc.
- Experience with front-end build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Rollup, etc.
- Keen attention to detail when working with designs and product specs.
- Experience using distributed version control, e.g. git, with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with GraphQL, e.g. Relay or Apollo.
- Familiarity with TypeScript and/or Flow.
- Familiarity with analytics tools.
- Familiarity with best practices for web and/or mobile accessibility.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/ and http://tech.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top