Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineer
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering you will focus your efforts on site reliability engineering, monitoring/alerting, development tools, and overall performance. You will actively contribute to solutions that diminish operational issues, help application developers build highly scalable applications, and help to gain efficiencies and increase productivity across all Equinox initiatives. You are deeply passionate about continuing to learn, creatively solving problems, and understands that through well-executed DevOps practices, the entire product and engineering team is that much stronger.
- Work within the Consumer Technology division within DevOps/ProductOps
- Contribute to the development operations process and tools
- Help resolve configuration and critical issue process for monitoring and alerting
- Maintain playbook for support purposes
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks for load testing and performance optimization
- Weigh in, educate, and be an advocate for scalable and maintainable applications
- Partner with organizational infrastructure and security teams to assure compliance
- Build and maintain relevant technical diagrams and DevOps dashboards
- Partner with QA, Product, Application Development, and other tech teams to reduce support, find efficiencies, increase performance, and educate on standard methodologies
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience as a DevOps engineer
- You have 4+ years maintaining systems in a large-scale AWS environment
- You are an expert in all things AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda)
- You have exposure working within containerized environments for micro-services
- You are familiar with essential Docker tools
- You understand configuration management for a CI/CD environment (Jenkins/Ansible)
- You have deep knowledge of cache configuration design and management (Redis or Memecached with CDN)
- You have exposure to mobile as well as IoT applications
- You have practical experience with ELK logging configuration
- You are familiar with Atlassian's suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- You are a proponent of open source tools
- You take a philosophical approach to automate away from manual efforts
- You have experience with Python, Java, Go, Perl, and/or .NET
- You have the ability to effectively communicate, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You balance project work with ongoing support
- You take ownership and accountability of your work
- You have a passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top