Senior Director, Brand Marketing
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox seeks a Sr. Director, Brand Marketing executive. This role will require extensive consumer facing marketing experience and knowledge on how to develop and execute brand strategy with a digital first mindset. As a leader, this role will own brand strategy for Equinox's core fitness offerings (group fitness, personal training) as well as Pure Yoga and Project by Equinox.
- Develop and implement Equinox's global marketing strategy . This will include the management of our brand architecture and voice as well leading successful brand initiatives, such as events, communications and partnerships. Brand impact will be measured by brand reach, positioning and sales.
- Lead the overall planning, impact and effective alignment of brand-related areas (brand positioning, brand values, brand messaging, brand communications) to drive an overall awareness, affinity and cohesive message.
- Manage reporting for all campaign tactics and assets, and monitor to ensure campaign success. Report on campaign metrics to key constituents partnering with executives and managers to make decisions on whether to move forward.
- Formulate and communicate a clear, overall one-year and multi-year brand approach and strategy for all communications, creative marketing and advertising collateral based on insights, gaps and opportunities.
- Partner across the entire marketing organization and non-marketing functions to drive a consistent and compelling brand message to target consumers.
- Provide hands-on direction and leadership as needed to your team to ensure programs and tactics are developed to be on-message / on-brand; structured to achieve the greatest reach, buzz, cut-through amongst key target members.
- Evaluate and refine overall priorities of the teams and budgets under your direct management to drive the highest possible impact on the overall business.
- Implements marketing best practices and test new marketing methods and strategies for driving sales.
- Stay on top of brand marketing trends and campaigns inside and outside of the immediate competitive circle.
- Develop and motivate your team to be results driven, agile, talented, future-thinking and inspired as a requisite part of being a growing, leading health and wellness company.
- 12+ years of consumer marketing experience with luxury brands
- 5+ years of acquisition or membership based marketing
- Experience managing agencies and working closely with internal creative departments
- Creative eye for persuasive, provocative, effective communication
- Creative and analytical thinker who has a long track record of identifying and executing on successful integrated brand, events, social and/or PR campaigns.
- Clear understanding of how to approach brand positioning/development, run campaigns, and negotiate with and manage agencies
- Passion for lifestyle brands especially in fashion and retail sectors
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across groups effectively (high proficiency in developing compelling speeches or presentations)
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating teams
- Must be able to travel / work across multiple time zones
- MBA preferred, not required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top