Senior Counsel - Equinox Hotels
Senior Counsel - Equinox Hotels
Equinox Hotels will cater to the high-performance traveler guest and those aspiring for high performance and will fuse substance and style to serve as the ultimate hotel destination with a 360-degree lifestyle experience. Our hotels will offer the bespoke experiences and unparalleled services consumers have come to expect from Equinox over its 25-year history.
IT'S NOT FITNESS. IT'S LIFE.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them, and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Reporting to the Equinox Holding's General Counsel, the Senior Counsel for Equinox Hotels will be responsible for supporting all legal needs of Equinox Hotels. As Equinox Hotels' first in-house legal hire, this role will be critical in shaping the legal function and partnering across all areas of the business to driving growth and success. The Senior Counsel must have experience across a broad range of legal issues pertaining to the hospitality industry, including with respect to real estate, labor and employment, privacy, technology, procurement, marketing and other commercial matters, as well as strong contracts drafting and negotiating experience. The Senior Counsel should be a business-oriented lawyer with the ability to recommend solutions and strategies to developing business and be able to manage multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in providing legal support to all functions within Equinox Hotels, including Development, Marketing, Operations, People Services, Finance, Procurement and IT.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts, including hotel management agreements, and a variety of services, consulting, marketing, license, procurement, and confidentiality agreements.
- Assist in managing all legal aspects of incident and pre-litigation investigations, dispute resolution and litigation, including by drafting responses and position statements, responding to information requests and subpoenas and supervising outside counsel, as applicable.
- Provide timely legal advice to the Hotels Operations teams
- Partner with People Services on all labor and employment-related legal matters, including hiring, performance manager, wage and hour compliance, benefits, union issues and internal investigations
- Advise on best practices and support compliance with respect to regulatory matters
- Develop, track and manage spend within approved legal budget
- Work collaboratively with Equinox Holdings' Legal Department and Risk Management to ensure company-wide brand and legal standards, policies and objectives are met
Skills, Educational and/or Certifications
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a respected law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Minimum 6-8 years of legal experience covering a broad range of commercial, real estate, operational and/or corporate matters, with at least 2 years in-house
- Experience within the hospitality industry strongly preferred
- Successful experience in a growing, fast paced and dynamic organization
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills combined with strong attention to detail
- Local candidates only
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top