Purchasing Specialist, Fitness Equipment
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for a responsible Purchasing Specialist, Fitness Equipment to support the Facilities team. The ideal candidate will assist as directed with running, administering and organizing project activities, as assigned. Primary focus will be on fitness equipment ordering, deliveries, constant follow ups, tracking and field coordination.
- Support the team / clubs in an effort to coordinate work surrounding orders of fitness equipment and installation schedules, or other tasks as assigned.
- Support management, vendor relationships, communicating needs, meeting timelines and pricing, assuring accurate and timely delivery of orders and more while maintaining a working environment for multiple clubs.
- Responsible for reporting of issues and potential delays to the team, along with mitigating issues that would delay project progress, interfere with business operations and/or incur unnecessary costs.
- Communicate changes in project timing to Manager to ensure accurate project and club planning.
- Assist in preparing quote requests and obtain approval from direct Manager, place orders, and ensure deliveries are tracked, updated and completed.
- Create and maintain internal project documentation and reporting (TBD) for our various projects.
• Excellent written, verbal, and email communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, and as directed.
• Fast paced environment with ever changing business needs, deadlines and commitments.
• Time management skills - ability to prioritize and invest in time appropriately.
• Team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the Facilities team, and act with the utmost sense of urgency.
• Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work under pressure with known constraints.
• Possess excellent organization skills with the ability to manage many details and competing priorities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Club / client service focused and able to build strong relationships with vendors, club managers, internal stakeholders, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor's Degree
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
• Complimentary Club membership
• 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the US. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top