Project Superintendent, Construction
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for assisting Equinox's VP of Construction with the daily on-site management of complex projects to meet outlined time and cost objectives. This position is located in New York.
- Monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, requests for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other documents as determined necessary for a successful project
- Insure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications and with the required quality
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contracts with general contractors, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and obtain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
- Document potential schedule delays and keep the Director fully informed, in a timely fashion, with regard to any and all problem areas on the project
- Maintain good relationships with the architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and company personnel involved with the project
- Minimum (5) years of experience as a construction field superintendent
- Must have the ability to manage projects (1) to (3) million dollars in value.
- Must have strong background with PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications including MS Project
- Must have excellent communications skills, excellent work ethics and moral integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
- Actual field presence required
- Retail experience is a preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top