Project Manager, Architecture
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 130 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and ateam approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox seeks a Project Manager of Renovations to manage the development and oversight of commercial interior projects that contribute to the brand direction and innovation of the Company. The Project Manager will oversee interior projects ranging from $500k to $3M, execute all facilities design requirements, and be involved in the ongoing exploration of the brand standards, member expectations, and club requirements. This role sits on the development side of project management, seeing projects through from scoping to preparing construction documents and through construction administration.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, and a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors. The ideal candidate should have 5-7 years of experience with at least 3 years in an Architecture or Construction firm and hold a bachelor's degree in Architecture or Construction. This role Reports into the Director of Renovations and sits in our Flatiron Headquarters in New York, New York.
- Participate in scoping and feasibility studies for club renovations, including documenting existing condition.
- Partner with Operations, Design and Facilities teams in seeking to understand existing conditions and issues in clubs. Create conceptual space plans, blocking layouts and interior architectural details including but not limited to millwork, lighting and interior elevations to support the renovation of the club
- Create conceptual space plans, blocking diagrams, detailed floor plans, millwork and lighting solutions and interior elevations that address them.
- Provide documentation of scope and decision support for budgeting and approval processes. Create and manage project scopes, schedules, and work plans and provide tracking updates, and escalation of issues as appropriate. These projects typically range anywhere from $500K to $3M for minor facilities programs and include tenant improvement work and base building coordination including architecture, infrastructure, and interior fit-out.
- Manage multiple external consultants in the creation of documents and drawings for capital improvement projects; through all phases of schematic, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Manage multiple internal partners, diverse requirements and document their need.
- Coordinate the review and approval of drawings with the landlord and AHJ to receive necessary permits and authorizations for construction work.
- Manage consultants' compliance with prototype standards and assist in improving standards through learnings.
- Work with the design department to select material finishes, furniture, and accessories to create appropriate branded environment.
- Resolve construction/design related issues as they arise in the field by directly providing expertise, clarification, and sketches, and by coordinating with external consultants.
- Review all project shop drawings and material samples
- Assist in improving prototypes and standards.
- Communicate and coordinate project progress with internal partners; Club leadership, Operations, Facilities, Construction, Finance, Marketing, Food & Beverage, Fitness etc.
- Domestic travel is required (20%).
- Bachelor's degree in architecture (preferred), interior design or construction.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in the oversight and direct involvement of highly designed commercial interior development. At least 3 years in an Architecture or Construction firm. This should also include a years' worth of experience designing for Retail, hotel or multiuse facilities
- Fluent in AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- The ability to partner, explore, and communicate across the organization.
- Excellent time management, technical and organizational skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top