Planner, Retail Shops
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Planner is responsible for assisting in creating merchandise plans to support the Company's goals and growth objectives. The Planner provides exceptional analytical support to merchants to maximize business opportunities and minimize risk.
- Partner with Director of Planning to develop annual sales, margin, and turn plans
- Assist with the OTB process by analyzing monthly performance along with changes in business strategy and receipt flows to reforecast sales, markdowns, and inventory
- Manage vendor performance and assists buying team in evaluating any opportunity or liability
- Ensure weekly close out of receiving report to balance Order Entry System, Packing List and Invoices to facilitate timely vendor payment by accounts payable
- Manage the return-to-vendor process by negotiating returns with vendors, informing accounts payable on upcoming returns and credit memos, and ensuring stores are compliant in returning damaged merchandise
- Ensure all merchandise adjustments (MOOS, Damages, Transfers, RTVs) are closed out weekly/monthly to ensure accurate inventory reporting and replenishment
- Analyze sales performance and stock levels for key categories and classifications, recommend adjustments via store transfer or future on order reallocations
- Communicate with stores and buying team on overarching business, assortment needs, stock levels
- 2-3 years of experience in merchandise planning, preferably in cost accounting
- Strong analytical ability with a passion for numbers and product
- Demonstrates a complete comprehension of retail math and its application
- Eagerness to learn and a winning attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer savvy
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and effectively throughout the Company
- Organizational and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, hardworking, flexible and diligent.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top