Personal Trainer Recruiter - East Region
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and FURTHERMORE are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 175 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Recruiter will spread the message of Equinox as an employer of choice for Personal Trainers and drive an increase in applications year over year for PT regional leadership distribution. This role also serves as an organization expert in all areas of PT Talent Acquisition from HR policy and compliance to Equinox's proprietary in-house education program to best position the career path to external sources.
Responsibilities in this position include an enhanced focus on the direct recruitment of candidates, online sourcing of resumes, recommending and hosting industry networking events, and creating the advertising and digital strategy for PT postings.
The primary performance metric for tracking success will be "Total New Applications" with the goal of a 15% increase year-over-year. This is a position on the corporate recruiting team in the Human Resources department seated at an Equinox Sports Club with the expectation that the recruiter will have a strong presence in the field. The Recruiter should expect to be "off-site" inspiring interest in the Personal Trainer career at a minimum of 20- - 40% of their time every week.
This position will require some nights and weekends as well as some regional travel and the transportation of recruitment and career fair inventory.
Recruiting Events & Industry Participation
- Create and execute career and networking events to drive interest in the Personal Training career
- Present the Personal Training career at campus, trade-show and regional events
- Participate in local health & fitness activities as an Ambassador to the Equinox brand with the goal of attracting participants to the Personal Trainer career path
PT Certification & Education Relationships
- Organize and execute recruiting presentations with graduating students from CPT schools
- Create regional and local communication strategies with CPT school alumni
- Facilitate relationships with local CPT programs via on-site visits and meet & greets with current students
Create & Execute Regional Recruiting Marketing Strategy
- Review and refine online job postings
- Supplemental marketing collateral - postcards, digital pieces, pamphlets, etc.
Industry & Direct Headhunting
- High-level (fast track) candidate discovery
- Competitor research
- Identify and recommend new recruitment marketing opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following minimum qualifications and experience
- New graduate to 2 years of professional experience
- Proven personal investment in the health & fitness industry
- Social Media savvy
- Experience with cloud-based software platforms (Google Apps, Office 365, etc)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- National PT Certification preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits package including medical, dental, FSA and 401k programs
- Paid time off
- Complimentary club membership
While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. EOE.
Videos To Watch
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top