Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Finance department at Equinox. The Manager will be responsible for the planning, reporting, and analysis of our business groups. The position will partner with departments and project team leaders to meet identify business trends, reporting, analysis, budgeting, ad hoc business analysis and identify cost savings opportunities. In addition, the position will research and analyze complex issues and trends, develop/create analytical models and make policy recommendations.
In addition, you will assist on various special projects and financial analysis. The ideal candidate will solve complex challenges and identify new opportunities using a combination of analytical rigor, business acumen, strategic thinking, cross functional partnership and project management skills.
- Develop and introduce new methods and implement best practices in the areas of company-wide financial planning and reporting.
- Develop processes and manage annual financial plan. Drive the identification, review and development of new budgeting tools.
- Prepare integrated business plans and return on investment financial models for new business opportunities, current product lines and capital projects.
- Analyze actual club-by-club financials and identify key variances vs. Budget and identify any trends
- Ongoing assessment, tracking and reporting of all the Company's business unit performance with respect to financial, strategic and operational goals and initiatives with timely communication of opportunities and risks
- Support the development of more timely, accurate, and actionable monthly management reporting to include all businesses that measures and facilitates analysis of key business trends and metrics for improved decision making and corrective actions.
- Serve as a key point of contact for Regional Operations teams related to finance related questions and issues.
- Play a critical role in the company's ongoing plans and projects to control and reduce costs, and alert senior management to issues, problems, concerns and opportunities.
- Provide support for Finance team in development of various presentations including Board of Directors meeting materials.
- Support FP&A team in managing Hyperion financial system including structures, hierarchies and reports.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in Finance or Financial Planning
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations as well as understand basic accounting fundamentals
- Strong computer skills - Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Experience with Essbase/Hyperion, Business Objects or similar BI+ tool, preferred
- Organized, detail oriented, proactive, ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent responsibilities and requests
- Excellent decision making, interpersonal and communication skills
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top