Java Spring Developer
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is making substantial investments to continue its leadership position in the emerging digital business ecosystem as companies pivot to the "New Technology". A key part of this investment lies in designing systems based on Microservices Architecture to help our clients improve agility and speed to market by leveraging modern tools, techniques, and technology to deliver Cloud Native solutions
The Java Spring Developer works with our clients to design and deliver Systems for complex custom projects using the latest Open Source technologies to build application that transcend today's digital world. The successful candidate will have deep experience in Microservice frameworks as well as deep experience with creating Cloud Native applications through all phases of the software development lifecycle across several Cloud providers include AWS, Azure, and others.
- Build a highly scalable and high-performance architecture supporting single sign-on across many applications; social login; session management; and user profiles
- Design and develop back-end data services and REST APIs for user profiles and other application support services
- Collaborate with front-end and mobile app development teams on user-facing features and services
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Work with other software leads on developing testing processes and frameworks
- Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
- At least a Bachelor's degree in CS or related field, MS qualification a plus
- 6+ years of development and architecture experience in Java and/or Scala
- 2+ years of experience with modular, lightweight, event-driven Microservice architectures on a JVM stack
- 2+ years of experience with 'Web scale' architecture design patterns and supporting cloud infrastructures
- 2+ years of experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using modern DevOps tools and workflows such as GIT, GitHub, Jira, Phabricator, and Jenkins
- 4+ years of experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc) and Test Automation (behavior, unit, integration testing
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com and http://tech.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top