Director of Construction
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Director of Construction will work for the Renovations organization from pre-lease and pre-construction phase through turnover to Operations.
- Execute and manage organizational relationships to ensure effective project implementation
- Communicate with all internal and external departments and teams
- Ensure target dates, milestone events and deadlines are being met
- Work closely with Real Estate, Design, Facilities and Operations: pull all dates and information from key stake holders
- Responsible for maintaining, overseeing, tracking, evaluating and refining the overall construction budget and schedules including progress reporting on capital expenditures
- Summary report and manage all projects in construction
- Coordinate activities of common pool of labor and resources for construction
- Track, evaluate and refine global budget and schedule
- Develop technique, professional capabilities of PMs
- 5+ Retail (Luxury) and/or hospitality construction brand rollout experience is mandatory
- 10+ years of retail construction project managing experience preferred
- Must be familiar with Self-performed delivery system
- Field construction experience required
- 25% required travel
- Must be highly organized with a methodical and strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to handle a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal passion for fitness and/or the Equinox brand
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top