We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the newly-created Counsel role will be primarily responsible for supporting the organization's legal needs with respect to digital/technology, privacy and commercial matters. The Counsel must have expertise in privacy and technology matters strong contracts drafting and negotiating experience, and an appetite for learning and counseling within new or changing areas of the law. The Counsel should be a business-oriented lawyer with the ability to recommend solutions and strategies to a high-growth business and be able to manage multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal support on all digital, technology and commercial matters, working closely and collaboratively with product development, digital marketing, technology, operational and retail teams
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including those in the areas of web/mobile and software development, hosted services, procurement, confidentiality, consulting services, and other commercial and corporate initiatives
- Advise on best practices and compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, including by supporting a privacy by design approach and overseeing all legal and regulatory aspects of data collection and use, privacy disclosures and transparency, data security and breaches, and the use of location-based services, biometrics and emerging technologies
- Assist in developing or enhancing new processes, policies and procedures and implementing compliance training and monitoring
- Work collaboratively with and support colleagues within the Legal Department
- 4-6 years of legal experience handling a broad assortment of digital, privacy and commercial matters, with a focus on transactional, corporate and compliance matters
- Prior in-house experience at a fast paced and dynamic organization preferred
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Experience with consumer-facing technologies or products a plus
- Familiarity with relevant regulations including CAN-SPAM, TCPA, PIPEDA, CASL, and GDPR
- Aptitude for learning and understanding underlying technologies and products; prior experience in technology, digital or information security fields a plus
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills combined with strong attention to detail
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top