Assistant Manager, EFTI
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition, and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
After founding Equinox Fitness Training Institute (EFTI) in 1993, Equinox has invested more resources in education and trainer development than any other existing fitness organization. EFTI is responsible for the scientific integrity of all movement, nutrition, and regeneration education behind the personal training model and ensuring the highest standards of program design excellence across all 85+ Equinox clubs. Expanding on its mission, EFTI has recently established partnerships with the Spa, Pilates, Group Fitness, and Sales teams to collaborate on enhanced education opportunities for their respective disciplines and unify all services to deliver superior member and client results.
In addition to leading the company-wide MNR mission and supporting several other initiatives, the EFTI corporate team primarily drives the content and operations of the tiered in-house personal training curriculum, regional continuing education workshops, Master Instructor staff development, Fitness Manager content training, and Equinox Academy, among other EFTI and PT department projects.
The purpose of the Assistant Manager position is to provide integral systems management , tech support, and projects-based contributions to ensure the operational excellence of the EFTI department. The Assistant Manager will proactively support consistent delivery of EFTI curricula and continuing education initiatives through steadfast execution and follow-through; resourcefulness and consistent drive for optimizing processes and the user experience; a passion for delivering results with integrity; and seamless collaboration with the corporate and regional EFTI team. Impeccable written communication, attention to detail, and organization skills are paramount.
- Serve as the systems administrator for the learning management system (LMS), which includes fielding support inquiries, coordinating live class attendance, auditing agreements and custom user groups, and managing multiple curricula courses/modules and enrollment
- Manage the EFTI department-wide page on the LMS by coordinating and updating content
- Provide pivotal support in the development and implementation of EFTI curricula and special programming
- Create and oversee EFTI continuing education course registration on LMS; build out education resource library
- Assist EFTI Continuing Education Coordinator in arranging multiple workshops company-wide [full management during Coordinator's maternity leave Sept-Dec 2017]
- Support the Operations Manager in all administrative operations such as responding to and tracking support inquiries from the field, auditing make-up classes and curricula enrollment
- Support the T&D Manager in administrative operations such as coordination of in-person workshops
- Manage general EFTI program initiatives and special projects as needed
- Minimum of 3 years' professional experience, preferably in an operational role in fitness/health/wellness, education, or hospitality
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Preference will be given to those with a degree in the fields of education or learning & development
- Demonstrated systems management experience, including proactive solutions and optimization. LMS administration preferred.
- Established project management and operational excellence
- Ability to identify program and/or process issues and opportunities for improvement, align with senior team on solutions, and implement changes appropriately
- Ability to learn quickly and organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
- Adaptable to changing job responsibilities and or new project ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; natural rapport-builder
- Supreme attention to detail and organizational prowess
- Independent thinker, team player; autonomous executor who follows up and follows through (pro-active)
- Innate integrity and accountability
- Experience successfully managing a broad and varied workload
- Desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment
- Passionate and knowledgeable of the fitness/health/wellness industry
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google suite (Drive, Forms, Sites), and internet resourcefulness
- Based in NYC
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top