Area Manager, People Services
Area Manager, People Services
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Area People Services Manager will be responsible for providing support, leadership and oversight of People Services activities for the Company's Los Angeles Region. Reporting to the Regional Director of People Services the role will be based at our Regional Corporate office in Beverly Hills, CA. The Area People Services Manager is a strategic business partner who helps the region achieve its goals by being an advocate, change leader, and champion for inspiring achievement in our employee teams.
- Identifies trends and provides guidance to management at all levels to mitigate employee relations issues and promote a positive work culture. Assists the regional team in implementing action plans that improve employee engagement and drive the employee experience.
- Conducts thorough investigations and develops solutions to complex employee issues and concerns.
- Serves as a resource for all employees in the assigned region by being available and accessible to discuss all People Services related issues.
- Partners with the Regional Operations and People Services teams to develop and maintain an organizational design structure that drives the business and provides appropriate employee career paths and development opportunities.
- Supports regional-level talent management. Collaborates with the RVP and senior Operations team to support the field talent review process.
- Partners with People Services and Sr. Regional leadership team to ensure successful execution and compliance with a wide range of employee initiatives and programs including orientation and on-boarding, employee events, benefits enrollment, leave of absence administration, compensation reviews, etc.
- Partners with Corporate People Services and Legal to interpret and communicate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Acts as a resource to business partners regarding compensation and benefit issues. Coaches Managers on salary, bonus, merit and reward recommendations as necessary.
- Assists in the creation of organizational and talent plans to ensure the successful opening of new club locations.
- Supports the performance management process to ensure continuous improvement and the implementation of best practices. Assists managers with coaching, corrective actions, improvement plans, goal setting and performance reviews.
- Analyzes and interprets employee retention and other key HR metrics and works with business partners to develop appropriate action plans to inform decisions and address identified needs.
- Assesses regional needs and partners with the L&D department to identify and implement strategies relating to management and employee level development. Coordinates/conducts applicable training and development programs where necessary.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources, employee regulations and Federal, State and local employment laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience with an emphasis in employee relations/generalist HR. Experience supporting a large, multi-site field population preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal communication, persuasion and creative problem solving skills.
- Established assessment and decision making skills with proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in dealing with complex employee relations issues (EEO, FLSA, etc). Ability to solve conflicts in a positive and fair manner.
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to set priorities and organize time. Demonstrates initiative and is able to work independently.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable. Has ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with high standards. Willingness to travel to field locations within assigned region.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top