We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Acoustical Engineer will be a point of contact for all things acoustics at Equinox. He or she will be involved in every stage of development, from feasibility, lease negotiation, design, and construction, through post-occupancy. This position will have intimate involvement in developing details and brand standards that will influence design and construction.
This will be a highly talented and self-motivated individual with a successful track record of acoustical design with particularly sensitive adjacencies. This position reports directly to the VP of Architecture and must work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment.
- Support Architecture and Planning Team throughout all phases development
- Liaise with outside consultants during feasibility stage for new projects; help define scope for any necessary structural modifications, and rough budget for recommended noise isolation treatments
- Review drawings during design stage for new projects; ensure that proposed details for noise isolation are properly coordinated across all disciplines
- Conduct periodic site visits during construction/installation of noise isolation treatments
- Manage and track all acoustical concerns and milestone items
- Liaise with internal staff, external consultants, club teams, and landlord representatives to identify and resolve sound concerns
- Test and analyze base building construction to create acoustical parameters and recommendations for new and existing clubs
- Develop practical, project-specific details and recommendations w/ sensitivity to cost, lead times, and constructability
- Research the latest technologies with regards to acoustic materials and sound design
- Develop standard approaches and details for noise isolation and mitigation depending on various given base building structural conditions and neighboring tenant adjacencies
- Domestic and International Travel is required
- A degree in Engineering - Acoustical/Mechanical
- Minimum of 5-7 Years prior experience; Fitness projects preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience measuring sound levels utilizing the ANSI standards
- Innate problem-solver
- Fluent in AutoCAD
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Passionate about the Equinox brand and fitness
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Meet Some of Equinox's Employees
Director of PT Operations, East Region
Mike runs all Personal Training operations for the North East region in the United States. He directly leads the Personal Training Teams, ensuring they have the right tools, resources, and support to deliver a high level of service.
Back to top