Managed Svcs Systems Asc. Engineer
Equinix is the world's digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 20 years of continuous growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,100 networks and 3,000+ cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Under supervision, learns to perform system management. Responsible for resolving day to day moderate issues. Understands how to differentiate and to escalate.
- Performs system management activities under the guidance of more senior staff within IT Operations
- Offers suggestions for resolution of issues and supports to ensure a better experience of our customers. Uses documentations and KB to perform basic tasks
- Develops knowledge of and learns business systems and management tools
- Drafts and reviews documentation (can be technical & non-technical) for work being completed within own team under guidance of more senior team members
- Configures and tests systems based on scripts
- Designs optimal systems configurations for enhancements under guidance
- Learns and understands the devices being deployed
- Participates in Lunch & Learn session to train the team
- Participates in tech drills and Learns hands-on devices to train
- Interacts on operational level with customers and suppliers
- Presents operational issues and solutions to groups of colleagues
- Participates actively in work meetrings
- Interacts with and may provide direction to internal and external project teams
Process Support/ Optimization
- Executes and reviews basic business and/or technical processes (e.g. provisioning lead time, effectivity) within IT Operations and identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Coordinates limited process changes
- Coordinates a piece of a larger project as assigned by more senior team members. Executes planned changes
Data Support/ Analysis
- Reviews issues/customer problems (potentially creating/leveraging non-standard reporting) to identify data patterns in the types of support questions being raised and determine type of issue (system, training, etc.); runs pre-defined cross-checks on data being used
- Proven year of experience
- Secondary School+
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you are a qualified candidate and need assistance or an accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.