VP, Digital Marketing – Financial Services Leader
This successful leader will need relevant domain expertise and excellent communication skills that allow for cultivating confidence and trust with our clients as well as internal Epsilon business partners. The VP of Marketing Technology Delivery – Financial Services must be able to apply their technical acumen in multi-channel digital marketing solutions and database marketing technologies to help clients understand how to best leverage Epsilon’s unique combination of marketing technology solutions and customer insight to support revenue and client growth. The VP of Marketing Technology Delivery – Financial Services will also be responsible for the management of approximately 200-300 matrixed staff members and will be accountable for career development, new talent evaluation and hiring, resource performance optimization and setting the overall delivery and operations direction.
The preferred candidate will have either a management consulting background delivering large-scale IT solutions and/or outsourced application development/operations management background.
Expected Job Functions:
- Provide day-to-day delivery and sales support leadership for the Financial Services portfolio of client account engagement teams comprised of both new marketing solution application design/build and maintenance/break-fix resources driving the stability and growth of strategic multi-channel loyalty platforms and database marketing technologies.
- Oversee technology platform direction as well as oversee the solution architecture, design and delivery for Financial Services client accounts.
- Provide thought-leadership to staff and clients related to marketing technology solutions, solution capabilities, applied SDLC and 24x7 operations.
- Participate in business development efforts within the Financial Services sector and is responsible for providing executive-level deal reviews.
- Manage overall resource planning and sourcing as well as monitoring financial performance of all engagements and optimizing staff and delivery scope against financial targets.
- Scope and plan required application/database infrastructure needs to support client engagements and monitor the delivery of requested infrastructure deployments.
- Serve as first-line of escalation from the project delivery teams on major operations issues and delivery challenges.
- Meet with external clients to review account performance, resolve delivery issues, plan future phases of work and build relationships to cultivate client satisfaction.
- Stay abreast of latest marketing technology trends and all of Epsilon’s product offerings to integrate into annual account planning efforts, business development efforts and overall client marketing technology roadmaps.
- Stay abreast of latest Financial Services sector marketing trends and technologies.
- Manage career growth and development of staff through coaching and mentoring. Set goals and monitor performance against those goals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with direct supervisor and upper management on engagement activities and overall health of the engagement. Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, staff and client and risks. Escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Collaborate with product group to innovate industry aligned offerings for Epsilon’s core capabilities.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing continual process improvement initiatives; both corporate driven as well as individually defined.
- May require up to 25% travel required by client and business development needs.
- Experience and domain knowledge of the Financial Services industry and ideally with related Marketing Technology initiatives
- 10+ years design and development of large-scale high-volume transaction applications
- 10-15 years management experience on full SDLC IT systems application design/development of real-time multi-channel, multi-tiered customer-facing solutions built upon Microsoft technologies (.Net, ASP.net, VB.Net and/or C#, and Visual Studio.Net 2012 experience)
- 5+ years experience in relational database design (preferably Oracle), administration and support, including OLTP and Warehouse environments
5+ years with ETL and BI solutions
- 5+ years managing IT application maintenance/break-fix operations for 24x7 uptime solutions
- 5+ years demonstrated success managing multiple client facing accounts/engagements and an overall staff of at least 50 resources
- Demonstrated experience managing over $100MM in managed services and/or consulting
- Demonstrated success with business development activities with external clients or gaining executive level buy-in for new internal growth initiatives
- Demonstrated history of working with external clients or internal business partners at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, CxO)
- Demonstrated success working in a matrixed organization and delivering results leveraging matrixed teams
Other Skills Required:
- Strong executive leadership presence
- Effective senior client relationship development
- Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strategic thinker that constantly challenges clients and teams to improve
- Self-starter and results driven
Candidate Differentiating Knowledge:
- Knowledge of loyalty/rewards solutions functional capabilities and technology
- Applied multi-channel CRM and Marketing solutions from both the business and technical perspectives (e.g. CRM Database Marketing, Email/Social/Mobile, CMS, eCommerce Platform solutions
- Knowledge of continual process improvement methods
- Applied leading practices in project management and overall complex engagement delivery
- Applied leading practices in outsourced management operations
- Experience specifying requirements and overseeing delivery for infrastructure build-out including server hardware, basic networking and network components, core software and databases
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.About Epsilon
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top