Vice President of Marketing Technology
The ideal candidate for the VP of Marketing Technology Delivery is a senior-level account delivery leader who has significant depth in the design/build and management of real-time digital multi-channel (email/campaign) solutions specifically in the domain of customer loyalty/rewards solutions. This leader will also be responsible for the design/build/transition of enhancements to these platforms aligned to new client business needs and on occasion support business development initiatives to expand the current Epsilon footprint within our clients. This leader will partner with the Epsilon Account General Managers from each account and will be client-facing as needed with SVP, EVP and C-level clients. This successful leader must have domain expertise and excellent communication skills that allow for cultivating confidence and trust with our clients as well as internal Epsilon business partners. The VP of Marketing Technology Delivery will apply their technical acumen in multi-channel digital solutions and database technologies to help construct solution which best leverage Epsilons digital multi-channel capabilities. The VP of Marketing Technology Delivery will be responsible for the management of approximately 30-60 staff and will be accountable for career development, new talent evaluation and hiring, performance improvement where needed and setting the overall delivery and operations direction. The preferred candidate will have either a management consulting background delivering large-scale IT solutions and/or outsourced application development/operations management background.
Expected Job Functions:
- Provide day-to-day leadership over multiple account engagement teams comprised of both new application design/build and maintenance/break-fix resources driving the stability and growth of strategic multi-channel loyalty platforms and database marketing technologies.
- Provide thought-leadership to staff and clients related to solution architecture, solution capabilities, applied SDLC and application/database maintenance operations.
- Support business development efforts within the sector with primary focus on assigned accounts. This includes conceptual design, sizing and pricing, proposal development, proof-of-concept development, contracting and supporting sales presentations.
- Lead implementation teams to ensure quality, completeness and timeliness of solution delivery.
- Accountable for overall account resource planning and management as well as monitoring financial performance of all engagements and optimizing staff and delivery scope against financial targets.
- Scope and plan required application/database infrastructure needs to support client engagements and monitor the delivery of requested infrastructure deployments.
- Serve as first-line of escalation from the project delivery teams on major operations issues and delivery challenges.
- Meet with external clients to review account performance, resolve delivery issues and plan future phases of work.
- Manage offshore development team, and knowledgeable around driving cost savings/efficiencies via offshore team.
- Stay abreast of latest marketing technology trends and all of Epsilon’s product offerings to integrate into annual account planning efforts, business development efforts and overall client marketing technology roadmaps.
- Manage career growth and development of staff through coaching and mentoring. Set goals and monitor performance against those goals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with direct supervisor and upper management on engagement activities and overall health of the engagement. Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, staff and client and risks. Escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing continual process improvement initiatives; both corporate driven as well as individually defined.
- May require up to 30% travel required by client and business development needs.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 12 years of direct experience managing complex IT projects, preferably in the technology marketing space; this individual should be comfortable managing the full development lifecycle
- Have experience managing teams of 25+ across multiple functional areas
- Have experience managing in an environment with multi-country/cultural teams
- Be an expert in the full development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Have excellent leadership and people management skills
- Have the ability to manage multiple, high priority efforts effectively under significant deadline pressure
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including ability to present to large groups
- Outstanding negotiation skills to work with multiple internal clients
- Outstanding people management skills
- Outstanding leadership ability, including ability to develop and motivate diverse teams
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and analytic driven solutions is a plus.
- Understanding of marketing technologies tool sets
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment on multiple priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated history of working with external clients or internal business partners at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, CxO)
- Strong executive leadership presence
- Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strategic thinker that constantly challenges clients and teams to improve
- Self-starter and results drive
Candidate Differentiating Domain Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry
- Applied database marketing technology solutions (e.g. campaign management, ERMS, analytics)
- Applied multi-channel CRM and Marketing solutions from both the business and technical perspectives
- Applied experience with software implementations using either Microsoft (.NET) or Java technologies
- Applied experience in relational database design using Oracle, administration and support, including OLTP and Warehouse environments
- Knowledge of continual process improvement methods
- Applied leading practices in project management and overall engagement delivery
- Applied leading practices in outsourced management operations
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top