About the Opportunity
Write, edit, index, or revise a variety of technical, procedural, policy, standards materials such as articles, reports, and/or manuals for a wide range of uses. Collaborate with information security personnel and/or business management to gain an understanding of the business, regulatory, and legislative requirements. Ensure accuracy and completeness of procedural/standards documentation.
Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and an understanding of Information Security concepts and responsibilities.
The Technical Writer position consists of the following activities
- Creates, writes, plans, designs, edits, and maintains content including policy standards and procedural documentation for current and future Information Security initiatives
- Write documentation sets on complex technical material, according to established standards, with little or no supervision.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to produce accurate, high quality documentation.
- Takes ownership for meeting delivery deadlines.
- Successfully handles multiple assignments
- Plans and leads document and content strategy for security initiatives
- Self Manages time and allocation of resources effectively
- Sets priorities to meet goals and assignments
- Communicate program status to management and key stakeholders.
- Produces excellent written finished products
- Establishes and Maintains quality standards, content models, templates, and style guidelines
- Adapts content and style to the needs of the audience or request
- Ensures documentation is reviewed and approved by stakeholders before publication
- Initiates, leads, or contributes to quality improvement
- Participates meaningfully in team discussions and activities
- Investigates problems, seeks input, and then takes decisive action (communicating with manager as appropriate)
- Communicates openly about issues, challenges, and obstacles to find solutions and to learn from mistakes
- Supports, participates in, and expresses enthusiasm for innovation
- Regularly analyze existing practices and propose improvements and innovative approaches to improve documentation and productivity.
- Works with others in complex, often undefined situations and develops innovative solutions (communicating with manager as appropriate)
- Takes responsibility for identifying, implementing, and refining standards, practices, and processes (communicating with manager as appropriate)
- Helps to implement change in support of team and organizational goals
- Requires little supervision or guidance with routine assignments and established processes; quickly develops independence with new tasks and requirements
- Quickly adapts to changing requirements while communicating impacts and negotiating next steps
- Encourages and values diversity in people and perspectives; willing to change an existing vision, strategy, or decision based on information from others
- Actively shares information and ideas with team members
- Identifies needs of the audience
- Delivers content (generates PDFs and/or web topics)
- Creates newsletters and maintains departmental intranet site
- Updates, deletes, archives outdated content
- Write, edit, produce, and maintain on-line (internet/web-based) documentation
- Support quality assurance efforts, assemble documentation for audits and ensure that documentation is compliant with applicable regulations
- Maintain documentation standards and keep abreast of current information by associating with professional individuals or societies or by reviewing professional publications, newsletters, e- mail, and Web sites
- Develop documentation project plans and timelines
- Collaborate with departmental leaders to collect and interpret input for inclusion into security policy/procedures documentation
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Knowledge & Skills
- Write and communicate verbally in clear, concise language
- Proofread and perform copy-edits according to style guidelines
- Implement proof, copy, and content edits to work products
- Follow departmental procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word (required)
- Experience in copy-editing and proofreading (required)
- Ability to learn software with appropriate training/support
- Blogging and social media experience (desired)
- Experience working with Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- No additional preferred qualifications
- Requires 0-18 months of previous professional experience
- Associate’s Degree or a minimum of two (2) years of experience (Required)
- Enrolled in appropriate degree program in English, Communications, Journalism, Information Design, or related discipline (Preferred)
- Working on obtaining certification in Technical Writing, Information Design, or related area (preferred)
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top