Technical Manager - Java
- 75% of time will be focused on development including coding, software support, code review and other daily activities that involve development practices
- Other 25% of time will be focused on client requirement gathering, team meetings and etc.
- Manage a team of technologists and developers, both on-shore and off-shore
- Expertise with Java, WebLogic, Web Services, website development
- Database and Middle-Tier development experience a plus
- Lead interactive development team, provide technical direction and manage project timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience with at least 2 years managing development projects and leading a team of developers.
- Working understand of networks and protocols
- Application server: Weblogic
- Webservices integration: Soap and “Xml/http”
- XSD and DTD based XML structures validation
- Application Security
- JDBC optimizations with Oracle 11g Backend
- Web site technologies: CSS, HTML and Ajax
- Frameworks: Spring and Struts
- Prior experience and ability to work with client teams to develop and implement business requirements, test plans, and adhere to Software Development Lifecycle is required
- Perform and manage development in a high volume, multi-tiered, transactional environment.
- Design and develop software to support real-time transactions and transactions sourced from files.
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members as well as third party client stakeholders.
- As needed, gather requirements and analyze, understand and translate those requirements into technical specifications.
- Write technical specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
- Perform unit testing and identify, troubleshoot and solve code-related issues as needed.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Prior experience with enterprise class application/web development as developer or manager strongly preferred.
- A strong desire to teach and mentor junior and mid-level developers and direct growth and goals of individual team members is essential.
- Strong communication skills are required
- A dedicated work ethic is a must.
- The ability to display strong problem solving skills and perform under pressure is required.
- Marketing technology experience is a plus
- Loyalty Marketing experience a plus
- Ability to engage and interact with clients up to VP, Technology level
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top