Qualifications & Responsibilities
Technical Manager is a hands-on position responsible for the design, development, management and maintenance of database components that are part of a large volume real-time environment as well as the Netezza data-warehouse supporting marketing campaigns in UNICA & SAS modeling. Key functions will include working with web-services feeding data to OLTP environment, XML & flat file feeds, batch import and extract supporting Epsilon’s industry leading Loyalty Solutions platform.
- Design and develop database operations to support real-time transactions supporting a global database as well as transactions sourced from files.
- Perform and manage development in a high volume, multi-tiered, transactional environment.
- Lead development & operations team, provide technical direction and manage project goals & timelines.
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members as well as third party client stakeholders.
- As needed, gather requirements and analyze, understand and translate those requirements into technical specifications.
- Write technical specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
- Perform unit testing and identify, troubleshoot and solve code-related issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of Oracle development experience with at least 2 years managing development projects and leading a team of developers.
- Netezza experience will be a plus
- Must be have experience in planning, analyzing requirements, designing solutions and developing code using scripting languages like Perl, UNIX shell scripting, SQL as well as testing the software
- Prior experience and ability to work with client teams to develop and implement business requirements, test plans, and adhere to Software Development Lifecycle is required
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies is a plus
- Prior experience with enterprise class application/data warehouse as developer or manager strongly preferred.
- A strong desire to teach and mentor junior and mid-level developers and direct growth and goals of individual team members is essential.
- Strong communication skills as well as a dedicated work ethic is a must.
- The ability to display strong problem solving skills and perform under pressure is required.
- Marketing technology experience is a plus
- Position may require rotating On Call availability, and involves little or no travel
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top