Sr. Software Engineer, Hadoop
- Chicago, IL
Sr. Software Engineer, Hadoop - (0105004)
About the Opportunity
Conversant analyzes anonymized, privacy-safe data atinternet scale. We handle 200B+ of online interactions a day and have $3.8trillion in multichannel purchases in our database. We are seeking aSeniorSoftware Engineer with a balance of skills in design, development andperformance tuning to work out of our Chicago, IL location supporting datascience, engineering and analytics teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with end users to gather featureenhancements and validate platform capabilities.
- Work closely with data science, engineering,analytics and data warehouse teams to define and implement solutions.
- Act as "on site interface" for data science, engineering,analytics and data warehouse teams to remote engineering resources.
- Write stories (or requirements) of platformenhancements.
- Work with data science, engineering, analyticsand data warehouse teams during sprint cycles to validate design and providefeedback.
- Provide tuning support and analysis forapplications.
- Provide framework support for Spark, HBase andHive.
- Drive best practices for applicationdevelopment.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in softwareengineering.
- Consultative background (experience orpersonality) with ability to act as "first in". You will be the one on thescene, developing the relationships, delivering daily, communicating broadly,and tackling the problems at hand.
- Able to navigate multiple big data environments.
- Experience building data-driven solutions at scale.Preference given to candidates with demonstratable experience in machinelearning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms.
- Experience with Scala and Spark environments
- Experience with Keras or Tensorflow is a plus
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communicationskills (written and verbal).
MS in ComputerScience or related discipline plus 3 years experience or BA/BS in ComputerScience or related discipline and equivalent work experience required. Hadoopand/or AWS certification is a plus. Spark certification is a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest andmost talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding themaccordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive healthcoverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketinginnovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights,world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms anddata-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm,Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insightsthrough its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data,delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reachthrough personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketingto consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest thathelp drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us onTwitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon isan Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminateagainst any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, colorcreed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genderexpression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status,medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information,disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth andrelated medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibitsharassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protectedcategories.
Epsilonwill provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to completethe application process.
To learn more about our Open Source projects check out ourEngineering Website http://engineering.conversantmedia.com/
Primary Location: USA - United States-3090 - Illinois-50082 - Chicago-L5-Chicago, IL - CNVR
Work Locations: L5-Chicago, IL - CNVR
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2019, 8:51:48 AM
Back to top