Software Engineer, Sr. Principal
• Support and deploy mission critical, customer facing, front-end and back-end production PAAS environments.
• Improving site performance, monitoring, and overall stability of our PAAS platform.
• Troubleshooting and resolution of server/network issues.
• Proactive monitoring of server systems.
• Interacting with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support.
• Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through DevOps tools meant for Cloud management.
• Performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerant/HA infrastructure.
• Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance.
• Participate in long-term strategies and scalability efforts.
• Build documentation of operating procedures and provide knowledge transfer.
• Lead/manage a team and provide timely updates and reports to senior management.
- Strong knowledge of configuration management process using software such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
• Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Munin, Zenoss, etc.
• Experience with Release Engineering and Continuous Integration using tools like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
• Configuring, setting up and tuning of JBOSS, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache, HAProxy servers or equivalent.
• Experience with using tools like Git, SVN etc and knowledge of SCM concepts.
• Knowledge of Hadoop and Cassandra administration.
• Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software.
• Fundamental knowledge of Load balancers, firewalls, TCP/IP protocols.
• Experience with programming languages like Python, C, C , Java, Perl or PHP, including with UNIX scripting.
• Experience with performance tuning (JVM, JMX, connection pooling) using JConsole or similar profiling tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
Nice to Have:
• Virtualization and strong networking knowledge
• Experience working in the cloud computing industry
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with concepts of Messaging using JMS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or have equivalent experience.
• 15 years of development experience in Java, J2EE technologies, middleware administration, DevOps practices, AWS
• Experience managing and guiding teams
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant®, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ AffiliateTM, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data® company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Back to top