Software Engineer - Core Platform
- Chicago, IL
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry's top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
The Software Engineer, Core Platform Engineering functions as a member of the Ad server team writing high-performance, low-latency software for our world-class RTB and ad delivery platform.
We are seeking an engineer with a passion for writing performant, efficient, and maintainable code with test coverage. This engineer is expected to work effectively with a team of experienced software engineers in the area of backend Java development. They will work with leadership and peers to develop solutions grounded in provided requirements.
The ideal candidate proactively seeks out and recommend new technologies and techniques to enhance the platform. Primary development language is Java.
- Implement and maintain platform code and components.
- Provide subject matter expertise while interfacing with platform, operations, and engineering.
- Ensure features are covered with tests in support of our continuous integration environment.
- Assist with locating performance bottlenecks and troubleshooting critical production issues.
- Collaborate with peers in designing solutions across the stack.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience, 3+ years.
- Knowledge of high-performance software and clean architecture methodologies and principles.
- An expert command of modern object-oriented software.
- Experience in the Ad Tech industry
- Experience working on low-latency, high-throughput software running on the JVM.
- Experience working with public cloud providers and technologies such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Back to top