Senior Technical Staff Accountant
The Technical Accountant position is a cross-functional role and will support various entities within Epsilon in both a technical accounting and operational accounting capacity. This role will be responsible for day-to-day technical accounting and operational accounting activities including revenue recognition contract reviews to ensure accordance with GAAP, real estate accounting, month-end close tasks and miscellaneous ad-hoc requests. This position will interact with all levels of the organization.
- Documentation and review of multi-element revenue contracts to support compliance with applicable authoritatve literature (ASC 605-10, 605-25, 605-45)
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues and draft technical accounting memorandums
- Assist in the development, maintenance and enhancement of SOX controls and procedures
- Prepare month-end journal entries
- Maintain, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Assist with inquiries related to quarterly and yearly internal/external audits
- Special projects as needed
- 2-4 years of related work experience. Big four public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Technical accounting background with a strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Experience with technical research and preparation of accounting memorandums
- Must have excellent communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess good organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Peoplesoft and Essbase skills a plus
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top