Senior Software Engineer, Hadoop
- Chicago, IL
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that's built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Conversant analyzes anonymized, privacy-safe data at internet scale. We handle 200B+ of online interactions a day and have $3.8 trillion in multichannel purchases in our database. We are seeking aSenior Software Engineerwith a balance of skills in design, development and performance tuning to work out of our Chicago, IL location supporting data science, engineering and analytics teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with end users to gather feature enhancements and validate platform capabilities.
- Work closely with data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams to define and implement solutions.
- Act as "on site interface" for data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams to remote engineering resources.
- Write stories (or requirements) of platform enhancements.
- Work with data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams during sprint cycles to validate design and provide feedback.
- Provide tuning support and analysis for applications.
- Provide framework support for Spark, HBase and Hive.
- Drive best practices for application development.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Consultative background (experience or personality) with ability to act as "first in". You will be the one on the scene, developing the relationships, delivering daily, communicating broadly, and tackling the problems at hand.
- Able to navigate multiple big data environments.
- Experience building data-driven solutions at scale. Preference given to candidates with demonstratable experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms.
- Experience with Scala and Spark environments
- Experience with Keras or Tensorflow is a plus
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
MS in Computer Science or related discipline plus 3 years experience or BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline and equivalent work experience required. Hadoop and/or AWS certification is a plus. Spark certification is a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Back to top