Senior QA Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst provides quality assurance and testing expertise as part of the QA Team and is responsible for testing and ensuring teams adhere to standard quality assurance practices. They assist and mentor less experienced QA team members in testing and quality practices throughout the SDLC.
They are knowledgeable in modern test techniques, including automation, and will participate in test design necessary to verify our products. This role participates in all aspects of the QA/Test process, including test/automation strategies for specific projects. They will develop test plans, test cases, automated scripts, and provide quality risk assessments and information on release candidate quality.
- Responsible for complex and highly integrated software systems developed in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Mentor, evaluate, and provide leadership to QA staff
- Mentors engineers in effective test design techniques
- Help plan and design test strategies and QA procedures
- Engage in robust requirements review or story refinement
- Oversee test planning and execution and coordinate with all team members to ensure completion
- Act as the point of contact for the team for all testing and quality assurance activities
- Advocate for and ensure that the team performs the prescribed quality practices.
- Where exceptions are made, articulate the quality risk and potential impact/mitigation to the team, product manager or owner, and program manager
- Coordinate with other QA Leads to plan and execute feature-level integration testing
- Analyze, maintain, and track defects for testing
- Conduct bug scrub sessions
- Validate conformance to requirements and that acceptance criteria have been met
- Where acceptance criteria is not provided, work with Product to derive criteria, if needed
- Ensure that stories have met Definition of Done
- Summarize testing and validation results and communicate with project team members regarding status.
- Mentor team members to perform testing techniques and QA practices
- Escalate issues or obstacles appropriately and timely
- Provide insightful input to retrospectives
- 6+ years of experience in software Testing / Quality Assurance required
- 1+ years in a leadership role in Quality Assurance and/or Testing strongly preferred
- Experienced with MS SQLServer and/or Oracle databases and tools
- Experience testing web services (REST or SOAP)
- Good experience with automation tools (cucumber, selenium) and scripting languages (ruby, python, etc.)
- Strong experience in writing SQL statements (DML/ DDL)
- Familiar with Toad and Informatica – can navigate and extract data
- Functional expert in QA strategies and techniques
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player as well as a self-starter who needs little supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience using Agile with Scrum Methodology
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Master’s degree in computer science or technical discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in a software development role using an Object Oriented language (C++, Java).
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 2+ years’ experience conducting white box test design, testing techniques and unit testing with automation frameworks/harnesses (JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, etc.)
- 2+ years’ testing mobile applications
- Ability to write shell scripts
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top