Senior Oracle Database Developer
Epsilon is seeking a Senior Database Developer to implement, maintain and support proprietary database systems.
This role is responsible for the development, implementation and testing of data extraction, transformation and load programs for large database projects. As part of the technical delivery team, the Senior Database Developer will work
with the internal project delivery team to design solutions and implement programs according to the requirements and timelines specified in each statement of work.
• Works with Tecah team, understand the business requirements, functional and technical specifications.
• Analyzes and defines data flow requirements and prepares applicable system documentation and operation manuals as needed.
• Develop using core solution standards and implements initial data loads for database marketing projects.
• Performs transformation and loading of data according to the business specifications.
• Supports production data loads and ongoing refreshes of the database systems.
• Defines, prepares, executes and implements data validation and unit testing methods to ensure data quality.
• Performs enhancements and bug fixes as required.
• Maintain re-useable development standards that help implement
each solution and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet current and future needs.
• Responsible for maintenance of applications with Oracle 12C with Linux software
• Must have striong experience in Oracle packages, procedures, functions, analytics functions, exchange partitions, bulk load functionalities
• Mustv have strong unix KSH scripting, been able to come up with functions, create custom wrappers to support the file load process
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 10 years of overall database development experience is required.
• 10 years of experience in Unix scripting
• 7 years of experience in windows batc scripts/been able to create API calls.
• 7 years of experience in Data Warehouse development.
• Knowledge and experience with the following is a plus:
• TFS, or other source code control tools.
• MS SQL, Oracle 12C, Linux, Windows batch scripting.
• Database Performance Tuning
• Experience in marketing
• Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
• Motivated to learn new applications and domains
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
• Behavioral Attributes:
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written communication
• Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges
• Self-motivated and directed
The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Conditions of Employment All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Back to top