Senior Network Engineer / Administrator
Responsible for design, development and implementation of network services and technologies to meet our client and enterprise requirements. Primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the enterprise and clients to successfully maintain and grow business and client operations. The candidate should have previous cloud architecture experience, a demonstrated track record of a production cloud infrastructure implementations and possess both hypervisor and server/CPU hardware expertise. Current knowledge of the ongoing developments in server virtualization, cloud architecture, cloud management areas and user community is also of importance for the successful candidate. Role includes the ability to provide operational guidance for infrastructure design, capacity planning, functionality testing, and load testing of virtualized computing environments, documentation as well as training of other organizations and ongoing server solution support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Senior level role that involves understanding client and enterprise technical requirements, and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and the enterprise to achieve their operational and business goals.
- Work closely with cloud architects and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to private and public clouds
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with API’s
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Develops descriptions of systems and business functional boundaries
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Works with senior IT staff and management to develop and maintain company technical processes and standards (ITIL based)
- Experience with automation using Python (or similar dynamic languages) and shell scripting
- Required to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal project proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
- Role requires on-call support as well as scheduling and attendance for maintenance windows.
- Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
- Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
- Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
- Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
- Manage client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to Epsilon products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers).
Essential Position Functions:
- High organizational skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- Travel < 10% of the year
- MS Office skills with focus on Visio, Word and Excel
Education and Experience
- College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects.
- Must be experienced in the troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor geographically separated networks.
- Experience in administrating authentication controls (Radius, RSA/SecureID and TACACS+) in the enterprise.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining encryption techniques and standards (3DES, PKI, MD5, SSH, SSL), in a client and site-to-site configuration.
- Must have operational level knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of service provider network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and RIP.
- Expert knowledge in implementing and supporting switched networks, including (VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANs, port security and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment.
- Understanding of logical network design including: DMZs, WANs, and client connectivity solutions.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols in LAN / MAN / WAN environments.
- Must be thoroughly proficient in the following protocols/technologies:
- Route manipulation (Redistribution, Summarization, Route filtering and Policy Routing), VPN (client and site-to-site), Ethernet Switching: (CatOS, IOS, JunOS switch configurations, VLANs/Trunking, Spanning Tree, HSRP/VRRP), IOS features: (PAT ,NAT, SNMP, NetFlow, QoS), Security server protocols (SCP, SFTP, HTTPS, etc.), Traffic filtering, Access lists, Radius, Tacacs+, IOS VPN, IPSec, Pix/ASA firewalls, CheckPoint firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN Concentrators, Solarwinds Orion & NCM, Cisco Routers(ASR, 2900,3900, …), Catalyst 6500, 4500, Nexus, and other model switches, Citrix NetScaler and F5 load balancers/GTM, InfoBlox DNS, Juniper switches & router, SDN, AWS, and Cloud computing.
- This role requires strong communication skills.
- This role requires strong project management skills.
- This role also requires operational processes and technical foundations.
The following certifications are a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA, AWS, ITIL Service Management
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. May require some heavy lifting (75 pounds maximum) and carrying of up to 50 pounds at times. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computer, printer, copier, telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands: Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting but may be required to perform work in a data center. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Conclusion: This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top